When contacting Transdev, we will ask questions to verify your identity, such as:
- Your full name
- Your date of birth
- Your Medicaid ID number
- Your home address
To help us properly schedule your trip(s), please have the following information available:
- Your pick up address
- The name, address, and telephone number of your doctor or facility
- The reason for your appointment (for example: follow-up care)
- The date and time of your medical appointment
- The end time of your appointment, if known
- Any special equipment or people that will ride with you
If you or someone you know has a vehicle, Transdev may cover the cost of gas between your home and your doctor or facility’s office. Personal vehicle mileage is reimbursed at the State mandated rate of 46¢ per mile. Before receiving your reimbursement, you must submit evidence of your attendance at your medical appointment and a signed mileage reimbursement verification form.
Still have questions about how this works? If so, you can read the mileage reimbursement brochure (English/Spanish) or call our toll-free line to learn more about the mileage reimbursement program and to schedule your trip.
On the day of your trip, please be ready at least 10 minutes before your driver arrives. Your driver will wait up to 15 minutes after the scheduled pick up time before departing.
If your driver has not arrived at your scheduled pick up time, please call (855) 489-4999.
Members can request a preferred transportation provider when scheduling their trip. The reservationist will notate the request on the reservation and Transdev will make every effort to schedule trips with the preferred provider. Not all requests will be able to be honored.
As a Health First Colorado member, you may be eligible for transportation to non-medical community services and supports as part of your health plan. To qualify, you must be enrolled in one of the following Health First Colorado programs:
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver
- Supported Living Services Waiver
- Elderly, Blind and Disabled Waiver
- Community Mental Health Supports Waiver
- Brain Injury Waiver
- Spinal Cord Injury Waiver
If you are eligible, Transdev will issue you a Special Discount Card (SDC) to receive a 50% fare reduction for all regular RTD bus and rail services. The SDC is not valid for Access-a-Ride services.
To find out if you are eligible for non-medical transportation services, call Transdev today.
If you must receive treatment outside of the local service area, your travel, meals and lodging may be covered by the NEMT program. Transportation, meals and lodging may also be covered for an escort to accompany an at-risk adult or child. Prior approval is required for all air, train, and out of state NEMT. You must work with your doctor to complete and submit an NEMT Air, Train, and Out-of-State Request form.
Call Transdev at (855) 489-4999 as soon as possible to begin the approval process.
Transdev will assist with gathering the following information:
- A Medical Necessity Form signed by your physician
- Verification of your appointment at the out-of-state treatment center
If a closer medical provider is available to provide services, your request for out of state travel may be denied.
Improving the member experience is one of Transdev’s primary goals. Every quarter, we host meetings with our Community Board of Health First Colorado members, transportation providers, medical providers, advocate groups and other key stakeholders that can help us pinpoint ways to make travel safer, streamlined and more convenient.
For more information on the Community Board, please click here.
Regional Transportation District (RTD) Special Discount Cards and reduced fares are available for qualified non-emergency medical and non-medical transportation. The Special Discount Card provides a 50 percent fare reduction for regular RTD bus and rail services, excluding Access-a-Ride. Learn more about the RTD Special Discount Card here.
Transdev requires at least 2 business days’ notice to schedule non-emergency medical transportation.
Urgent transportation is available to members who need medically necessary services but are unable to provide advanced notice. These trips can be requested after a hospital discharge or for transportation to or from a critical, unplanned medical appointment.
Medical providers can contact any credentialed urgent transportation provider to arrange an urgent trip for eligible Health First members.
Serving Broomfield, Boulder, Denver, Douglas and Jefferson counties.
There was recently an update to the Health First Colorado rules. Health First Colorado members are still required to travel to the closest available medical facility that is able to provide the necessary treatment or services, but Health First Colorado no longer requires an additional authorization if a member must travel more than 25 miles from their home address.
- New member welcome letter
- NEMT services member brochure
- Trip reservation form
- Standing order trip form
- Self-service portal release form
- Mileage reimbursement process and overview (English)
- Mileage reimbursement process and overview (Spanish)
- Mileage Reimbursement Verification Form (single trip — English)
- Mileage Reimbursement Verification Form (single trip — Spanish)
- Mileage Reimbursement Verification Form (subscription — English)
- Mileage Reimbursement Verification Form (subscription — Spanish)
- Minor consent and release form
- Level of service medical recommendation form
- Medical Certification for Basic Life Support / Advanced Life Support